Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Hi again! I've missed you. I'm here, again. I went through many months of turmoil in my home over the past year. We planned a kitchen remodel, and about halfway through, the contractor stopped doing what he promised and we had to fire him . . . leaving me to finish the project. It was fun, but it would have been more fun if I just did it myself from the beginning. Ah, lessons learned, right? Anyhow, we now have a beautiful kitchen to show for the 5 months of chaos that enveloped our home.





We had a few friends over for New Year's Eve - and Kristen had quite a few friends over for New Year's Eve. We made good use of our new space and I REALLY do enjoy it!

Ed's Dad has taken a steady decline in his health. It's hard, and it's sad to see him like this . . . he's been helping his mom get all kinds of financial issues taken care of and her Will drawn up as well as her Power of Attorney, etc. in case anything were to happen to her.


I've not scrapbooked in well over 6 months except for Project Life. This year, I'm recommitting to participating in Project Life Tuesdays. I really should have last week done already, but I will complete it today and post again once it's done. I'm holding myself accountable. I've signed up to take Stacy's TWELVE. class - it's AMAZING! As well as Round Up Your Memories, Move More Eat Well, and One Little Word (though I still don't have my word yet . . .  it just hasn't spoken to me. There are a few I'm contemplating though. Hopefully a decision can be made in my heart before mid-month!)

Oh yes, and through the process of it all . . . we bought my daughter a brand new 2012 Civic for her first car, and because of the subcontractors using our driveway, my daughter had to park in the road one night. The next morning just before 8 am, her car is hit.





This was in early October . . . and yes, while I'm thankful no one was hurt, I was FURIOUS at the irresponsibility of this young driver (she's 18 and lives at home) and her parents (because daddy owns the car even though she's on seperate insurance). It doesn't look too bad until you realize that my daughter's car was not parked in front of our driveway. It was in fact, about 15 feet further back and the VW bug pushed it over it's car length. The driver didn't have enough insurance to cover repair or replacement, so we went through our insurance policy, which totaled our car that was less than four months old . . . and we had to find a new one for our innocent daughter. At any rate, by the end of October, we had purchased her a second car within a six month period. sigh . . .

So, again, I have missed YOU. I will be back TODAY! I need to do a December 2011 Monthly Roundup as well as share my Week 1 Project Life 2012 with you!!


3 comments:

joel & ginny said...

Glad life is back on the upswing again! I am glad to leave 2011 behind and looking forward to a fresh start in 2012! (tyfb at BPC)

Cheryl said...

It was so good to see your blog in my reader! I've missed you. Mazel tov on your BEAUTIFUL new kitchen!

April said...

Wow it has been a tough 6 months. I hope life is evening out & that we will get to see more of you in coming months...

Your kitchen looks amazing!