Monday, January 17, 2011

Life in 2011

(I think I may have borrowed that title from another blogging friend, but it seemed pretty perfect since I was so inspired by her post that I wanted to come right over here and blog . . . and I think it's pretty obvious that it's been a while since I had last done that!)



I have no idea what my year will bring, but I'm hoping I've really set myself up for a lot of success in the areas of my life that are most important to me: my health, my hobbies, my family, and my soul. Many of these things I've neglected more than I'd like to think and much of it was due to several health issues that I recently got worked out at the end of 2010. With that being said, I've still found a way to scrapbook. Scrapbooking truly keeps my mind on being grateful for the everyday. It helps me realize what really IS important and keeps it front and foremost in my mind. I'm grateful I have this hobby.

This year, I have more than a few plans for my hobby . . . but there's a handful of things that I TRULY hope that I will not let go by the wayside as the year progresses. (I have an uncanny way of letting that happen.) While I have always loved creating layouts, I find I just don't have the time to get all the layouts done that I'd like to do . . . no time to tell all the stories that come at me EVERY DAY being a family of five. So this year, I'm adding Project Life from Becky Higgins to my arsenal of scrapbooks and I LOVE it so far! I've just started Week 3, and have committed to take part in a Project Life Tuesday brought to us from The Mom Creative blog.




 

 
For this post, I'm just going to give you a glimpse at my Title Page and Week 1. You can look for Week 2 to be up sometime tomorrow. I hope you'll follow along as we journey through 2011 together!

I used American Craft Thickers for our last name and also for 2011. I used Carolee's Creation little brown stickers to write "All of Us" on the white card.


My first week of experimenting with my Project Life kit. I've learned that I LOVE journaling every day - even if there's not a picture to go along with it. I love just using it as a glimpse into what my thoughts were on that day . . . not necessarily a play-by-play of my schedule. I used a folding card (in the last slot) that I used to journal about a mishap my son had today - and a lesson he hopefully learned - even without a corresponding photo. The photo instead is of something else completely that day.


Have a beautiful day!


2 comments:

Monica McNeill said...

So glad we are doing Project Life together :) I've got everything pulled together from last week & just need to put it together. Can't wait to watch yours grow through the year :)

Melissa said...

Looks like your Project Life is going to be a fun way for you to document the year. I'm not doing it, but have enjoyed reading several other's blog posts about it, maybe next year.