Monday, January 31, 2011

Ikea, anyone??

Squee!! I made a trip to IKEA on Saturday with my wonderful teenage daughter. This is quite an experience because our closest IKEA is over 2 hours away each direction and it was a last minute decision to go. Hubby was heading to see his parents with my boys, so I volunteered my lovely daughter to come and keep me company! It was amazing . . . a wanna-be organizer's dream! The main reason for the trip was for a 5x5 White Expedit unit. At 1:00, there were 3 units in stock and based on past sales, it was a green light to go. By the time we got there, we were picking up the last unit! YIKES! We also grabbed a 1x5 unit to go on top of the bigger one, making the unit 6 cubbies high. I also picked up some black organizing accessories and enjoyed browsing the upstairs showroom. I was a tad disappointed that we got down there so late and still had to drive home because I think I could have spent way more than over 2 hours there, and enjoyed every last second of browsing.

Hubby and I spent a few hours yesterday putting together and then I spent a few more hours reloading and re-organizing everything. A "tour" is in the works, but I'm going to order a desk from Target first, as well as a bookcase or two. Once those get in, I'll get a bit more detailed. This project has only been in the works for a year now . . . for proof, take a look here.

Anyhow, here's the final unit put together. I have a bit more decorating and labeling to do, but I want to get the bookcases in first so things can be pretty final for the time-being. The sad thing?? I can't even get a picture of the whole thing with my 50 mm lens (and I'm already outside the door). I'll have to change back to the kit lens when I give my "tour" in a few more weeks.



Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to come back by tomorrow! One of the reasons for the increased desire to get my room in order again was so I could find things to work on layouts. A very large group of scrapbookers are taking a class with Ali Edwards over at Big Picture Classes based on her idea of One Little Word (instead of the idea of resolutions). A group of about 35 of us are doing a blog hop tomorrow showcasing the January projects/album and the idea of giveaways at a few have been mentioned. We'll each be talking a bit about our individual word, as well as sharing what we've done this month. If the idea of one little word intrigues you, signing up for the class is ongoing, or you can do it on your own. :)

3 comments:

Maureen said...

It looks awesome!!!

Kim said...

I love IKEA, too! But, alas, the closest one to me is an 8-hour drive. Your shelves look fantastic!

I signed up for OLW and picked my word a couple weeks ago, but I haven't done anything with it yet. Today I will try to take a picture that captures my word (patience) as that is the final prompt in Picture Winter. I'll watch for your blog hop. I hope to do the January homework at some point!

scrapchick said...

Ohhh I'm so jealous! BUT am planning a trip here soon where weather is better - out of state day trip for us. lol