Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Brought to You by the Letter P

P for Practice, Peace, Productivity and Preparation that is . . .

I accomplished a lot today, given the fact that it was December 1st and I had a lot that I wanted to get done. I'm exhausted to say the least. Dealing with medical bills is never easy when so many of us in our family this year had ongoing issues to resolve; I also made some appointments, continued decorating the house, and decluttered some papers and counters . . . all so my December may go that much smoother. I even finished a layout for my Color class over at BPC using the color purple!

Matthew started up his first 3v3 soccer. It's organized chaos out there but from what I understand, the kids are having a ball.

Hot chocolate was on the menu today as it was quite chilly. The high was in the low 60s, but the low was 31 this morning, and it's supposed to be that way again tomorrow. Luckily we have sunshine to help warm us. Lance was lucky enough to get it both in the morning and evening with dinner. Matthew really needed it after his practice.

I listened to Paperclipping Roundtable today too; while enjoying playing with my camera once that house had been decluttered. I was starting to go through some serious withdraws not having my weekly dose of Noell and Izzy last week.

It was a good day.


Today, while deciding to enter this holiday season with an attitude of gratitude, I thought of all the things I'm thankful for RIGHT NOW. At the top of this list is my family. I love how our stockings were hung this year with the help of my older son and that I still so very much love that we have a mantle to hang our stockings over a fireplace.


The kids and I also had a talk about using our manners with everyone. This is something we struggle with. I tend not to always set a good example with them because my younger two seem to think I'm asking when I say please so they think they can tell me that dreaded N word . . . We always tend to remember with strangers or friends; but we often forget with each other . . . so we're working on it between ourselves. After picking Matthew up from practice, we helped remind each other and it's amazing what happens when someone says please and thank you. I hope tomorrow I can remember to be proactive with this to keep moving forward.

 
Cheers :) Have a happy day!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like a very productive day! I so wish we had a mantle to hang our stockings on!! :)

Cheryl said...

Sounds like a good start to the month!