Sunday, October 03, 2010

October 2, 2010 - Comfy and LOAD Day 2

Today was a day of sports in our household. My daughter played her last rec soccer game of the season, my youngest son played a soccer game also, and my older son played an awesome football game about an hour away that I didn't get to see. Then started the fun of visiting a few bakeries in town to sample some cupcakes for my daughter's Sweet 16, who apparently has watched WAY too much of that MTV show for her own good . . . because after spending some cash on some super fattening sweet cupcakes (and very yummy mind you), we ended up at the mall shopping for a semiformal. This is another post all on its own and I can't wait to share it with you,

but not tonight . . .

Today's prompt at Picture Fall was comfy and there were three places around my home that I could envision for this prompt . . . where do I like to get comfy. First thought was my bed . . . I often read there, and when I get overwhelmed with my crazy life, it's often my retreat. Here it is, fresh out of laying in it . . . books piled on the nightstand and all. Don't judge the unmade bed - remember I've had knee surgery so I'm laying back here a lot to elevate and ice.




Second thought was my scrapbook room, but then that's all alone and my chair isn't really all that comfy . . . and it's kind of a solitary place with no room for friends or family to join me, so I decided it wasn't all that comfortable after all . . .


 
So I decided I liked this final choice the most. I have two wingback chairs in our family room against a wall of windows. This one is closest to the fireplace and faces more towards the sofa where the family sits than towards the TV. It's where I often sit to read and enjoy a cup of coffee in the mornings after the kids are off to school, or hang out when family comes to visit. I chose to take the picture tonight, when I most like to sit in the chair while we were hanging out as a family getting ready to watch Florida Gator Football (miserable game, btw, against Alabama. Ugh). Of course, when I'm actually sitting in it, I pull my feet up back and under me and swing the pillow around to the side and cozy in for a convo with the kids and/or hubby.




Since we had been busy today, I knew I was going to be tight with time on my LOAD layout. To make it simple, I searched my favorites tag on Flickr to see what caught my eye in the way of simplicity and decided to lift a layout from Monica. (I hope she doesn't mind too much.) I really just followed the basic design but added my own photo and papers and title. Enjoy!




2 comments:

Dani said...

love your comfy places :)

Gloria said...

This is my first time on your blog, I love your header and your layouts look amazing. I have been blogging about LOAD as well, it hasn´t been easy for me since I am a low scrapper, hope you can stop by my blog:)