Friday, October 08, 2010

LOAD Day 3 and 4


                                   
On the 3rd, I did two layouts . . . with the Treasure layout freshly created, my mind kept wandering to these two photos of the beach that I had on my memo board. I printed it in both color and B&W with the suggestion from an instructor that it would look fabulous in black and white. I have been looking at them for over a year like that, and I still can't decide which I liked better . . . so I decided they both deserve a spot in my albums and I would scrapbook them together. I used that same design from the treasures layout, just different papers.

This second layout, I also did on the 3rd. I loved this photo that I took in a local park and I used PSE 7.0 to write the title using Ali Edwards' free handwriting font. I believe it's available from CK. This one actually addressed the challenge for LOAD that day which was find a photo that really speaks for itself - no words allowed except for the title.


Day 4 was cropping in close to your photos. I thought it was perfect to get some scenic pictures scrapbooked from a trip to Niagara Falls way back in 2004. I love how this one turned out!

Thanks for stopping by and looking! I'm running a tad behind getting my photos posted for Picture Fall. I have to take today's and hopefully I'll be back later with those being posted.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a fab idea to simply put a title over a large photo. I need to try this. LOVE your Niagra LO!

S said...

Oh I like the way you cropped those photos on the Niagra layout - very effective.