Sunday, October 03, 2010

Finding Beauty

Boy I had to look hard for this one. I started with a sago in my front yard because I really didn't want to go out back . . . but I love the sago palms, and so it was hard to really find beauty out of something ugly when I thought they were pretty to begin with . . .




So I moved on to the backyard . . .

The first thing that stuck out to me was the nasty old worn retaining wall and it's paint chipping away.



But I couldn't find a way to make that ugly look very beautiful at all . . . sure, the texture is great but that's about it.

So I started looking at all of our trees . . . and I found these . . .



Yep, definitely amazing when I get a little closer - but oh so nasty from far away. We have a water oak that is on the cusp of dying . . . and these were images from it. The top one was my pick to put into the class gallery. It's actually the underside of a mushroom that was growing out of the trunk, about 2 feet up from the ground. Definitely nasty.

No comments: