Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tuesday 04/27/10

Today more than made up for the relaxed Monday I had yesterday. Matthew and I had a few struggles that feel a lot bigger than they should have been. His listening and doing as he's told issue was at a peak today. Soccer was cancelled on us. Coach Shane wasn't "up to par" and after Run/Walk Club, we decided to grab Kristen and head to Maggie Moo's. Maybe that was my mistake . . . when we came home, I could get no homework done; Kristen needed to get her labels done for her candy to pass out tomorrow (today as I write this), and it seems every time I walk into Wal Mart, the boys lose control. Today it was for the candy and labels for Kristen's campaigning. I'm worn out from doing the whole pushing and nudging to give my kids some initiative. I know, I know, it's all about finding the right motivation and it's part of my job as a parent, but this - with everyone needing it right now - it wears on me. I also wish I saw my daughter a bit more . . . she seems to appear for the craziest times when I am not holding my camera (time to break out the tripod tomorrow - Thursday as I'm writing this - before it's too late). Here's hoping to get some shots of my daughter and hubby for our project soon!

Here's some shots from today (well, yesterday):

Everyday Wakeup


Everyday Bed


Everyday Closet


Everyday Breakfast


Everyday Coffee


Everyday Morning before School


Everyday Kitchen (when I don't clean the night before)


Everyday Kitchen (after cleanup) - not too bad if I say so myself


Everyday Laundry Piles


Everyday Driving (Matthew's behind me and Kristen beside me)


Everyday Feet


Everyday Beauty


Everyday Goofballs


For those of you who did this project too . . . how are your albums coming together? What products did you decide to use? Did you go all digital or a mix?? I happened to buy some of Ali's overlays at Designer Digitals last week, and I really want to do this hybrid so I'm resisting buying a bunch of templates, but I don't think I'm going to have enough daily shots to use the baseball card holder idea. Maybe I'll just do 4x6 slots, but then that means I'm doing a 12x12 album and I really wanted to stick with 8 1/2 x 11 album size for this one . . . I'd love your thoughts!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Love your photos! Your house is so pretty! :)

Lynne said...

What a beautiful home you have! I wanted to keep my book 8 1/2 x 11 too. I am planning on buying the templates from Ali at DD. I too was worried about not having enough pix for the baseball card pages. It made me be sure to take more pictures and also I decided that I can fill some pockets with patterned paper and embellies if I need to and of course use some for journaling.

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

I think I'm going to go with 12x12 and have it be a section of my Things We Do album. I'll just do it every so often, and add the pages to the album. Of course, I haven't done this before, so I have no idea how many pages it will take up. I may be a little ambitious.