Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Sleeping Under the Stars

Cute, huh? I've never been one to take a layout class at a local scrapbook store, but a friend was doing the Basic Grey layout class and well, I need some "girl time" once a month and I couldn't resist the amount of materials that we get to take home as leftovers, so I decided to join her! I must admit, these papers would not have called to me in the store - I NEVER would have picked them up - but I am very pleased with how this one turned out. I love getting a sneak peek before actually attending class so that I can figure out which images I want to take and I basically leave with a finished product!!  I just look at the layout and head to my storage binders (Library of Memories) and flip until I find something that strikes my fancy!

This layout was of our boys' first camping trip that we went on with two other familes. They had a ball and can't wait to go back! This likely would have been one of the sets of photos that would have been pushed to the back of the "inspiration" pile because I wouldn't have "known" how I wanted to scrapbook it, and because I took this class, which took the thinking out of the equation, I was able to get a layout done that celebrates their first camp outing! Thanks LOM!!

3 comments:

S said...

Great layout, love the papers, the slanted positions of the pics and especially the star embellishments with the clips. Well done. Isn't it nice to sometimes work with paper that you wouldn't ordinarily choose and have it turn out so fabulous.

April said...

I love it what a great layout. I get stumped by those type of photos a lot!

I think I'm going to have to take LOM next year. I'm in the process of categorizing & keywording all my photos digitally right now... but I think from all the positive things I hear you say about it, that I might try to apply some of those principles to organizing digitally.

Or you know what really stumps me are all the 5x7 and 8x10's I printed anticipating using at scrap retreats & then I didn't get around to those photos. When I get home they go into a box. I just found a album binder box full of them, yesterday!

Good to hear from you. Spring seems to be so crazy busy for all of us.

Cheryl said...

Love this LO!