Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Thank You! (and LOAD Day 2 and 3)

I'd like to thank all of the visitors I had stopping by from the Blog Hop on Monday! It was a lot of fun to do that layout, believe it or not . . . and it has inspired me to use a lot of other old stuff in my layouts this month. In fact, Lain actually posted about Liberty Cottage's Blog Hop and has encouraged all of us to join the next one at the end of the month!! How EXCITING!! I'm purposefully not showing a second layout I did today so that I can share it in the next one.

So far I'm 3 for 3 on the LOAD Challenge!! Can I just say WOW?!?! I thought I'd fall flat on my face, and it still may happen before February is up.  hosted by  It's not too late to join by the way!! If you're interested, go visit Lain's blog and read up on what you need to do! You won't be eligible for the "grand prize" but she still gives goodies away throughout the month; and great friendships can be formed as well as getting those layouts done! What could be better use of your time? (If you're a scrapper of course!)

Here's my Day 2 layout:
The photo is of my daughter when she was not even 2, in my parents kitchen putting her handprints all over the stove. Little Devil :) Anyhow, she picked out this American Craft paper a few years ago and I've always had a hard time using it. Since this has been all about using up stuff that's just been sitting here, I pulled it out (actually I pulled out some flower embellies that went with the AC papers in a different color set, and when I went to get the coordinating papers, I pulled these out as well). Once I found the photo I wanted to scrapbook, I just couldn't get the color combo to work with it - AT ALL - and so I went with the pink and purple and blue papers instead. I was actually pretty impressed that EVERYTHING in this layout is from that American Crafts line - nothing else at all. Talk about a way to use up some product! :)





And my Day 3 layout:
The challenge was to go back to the oldest owned product we had and create a layout with it. Well, this is as far back as I have. I think I bought it in spring of 2003 and it's from Doodlebug Designs. I had been under some insane impression that I HAD to create a layout for each of my children of each holiday/event when I first started scrapbooking so I had really stocked up on this paper. I had 2-3 sheets of a plaid; 2 sheets of grass; and 3-4 sheets of this polka dot . . . 2 sheets of the Easter cardstock stickers and 1 sheet of border stickers! EEkkkk!!

7 years later . . . I still have three sheets of polka dot paper; 3/4 sheet of grass paper and one sheet of plaid paper; 1 sheet of border stickers and 1 1/2 sheets of the cardstock stickers that said Easter! LOL And this is after I had used it on two easter layouts for two different years and for two different children. I do still have one layout I want to do with it (and once it's done, I'm giving the rest of this paper away). It served me well, mind you! Anytime you can get four layouts out of one set of papers, I think you're doing well . . . heck I don't want EVERY spring event to end up with pastel colors and polka-dots on them after all!

Anyhow, here's the layout I did with them today. I used an Ella sketch (#3). I added in a border strip of buttons into te sketch and expanded the journaling strips all the way across the two right photos. My goal was to actually use this paper on a non-spring layout and I think I succeeded! Her birthday is in November after all! :)


Credits: Patterned paper and button strip from Doodlebug Designs; blue and white cardstock from CTMH; number 10 brought to you by American Craft Thickers - poolside letters.


Again . . . THANK YOU for stopping by! If you'd like to leave a comment, please do. I love to reply back, but you have to be easy for me to find! :) Either leave me your email or link it up to your name if you sign in. I really appreciate your comments and the time you take to visit me! :)

4 comments:

Laura @ Cameron Crazy said...

Great layouts! I wanted to do LOAD but need to finish some classes first, so I will do it later this year. Can't wait though, it looks fun! :)

Jeanne said...

Terrific layouts, April! I thought about doing LOAD again, but the way my life has been going I KNEW I'd fall flat on my face for sure. LOL

I'll follow along with you and cheer you on, how's that? *Ü*

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

I'm so excited to be doing LOAD again! I've done more pages this week than I have in a month. And I'm getting ideas for more than 1 page a day. Creativity begets creativity?

Cheryl said...

Way to go girl!