Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Just Finished

Reading this . . .










and it was really good, though I still don't think it was as good as Angels & Demons (though there's no way the movie was as good as the book either). It was intriguing to see all the symbolism surrounding Washington, DC and daydream about some of the experiments taking place from one of the supporting characters. I don't want to go into a lot of detail in case some of you haven't read it yet, but if you want to talk more about it because you have read it, feel free to leave a comment and we can email!

4 comments:

Lee said...

I am a huge fan of Dan Brown and was really disappointed in the book. As text it was great, but the story? Meh. There was just so much more that could have been explored as far as character development and dialogue. Maybe that's just the former English Major in me ;)

Margi said...

I was just thinking about downloading this one to my Sony Reader and now I think I will. I just watched Angels and Demons this past weekend and enjoyed. Was pleased that it captured the majority of the book but as always the books are so much better. I've enjoyed the first two immensely. Thanks for the recommendation!

S said...

I just finished Angels & Demons too this week on vacation in audiobook form. I really like how Dan Brown keeps the action moving - one climax after another with lots of interesting details. Although I'm pretty sure that at times he could have used some editing. Sometimes he takes 3 paragraphs to explain something that I got in 3 sentences. I'll be watching the moving on DVD this week.

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

I really enjoyed Angels and Demons and The DaVinci Code. I haven't read this one yet, but will definitely email when I do. Hopefully soon!