Thursday, January 07, 2010

For Today

(Inspired by the Simple Woman's Daybook)

OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ... it is very cold (32 degrees F), and sunny, with leaves freshly bagged at the curb (the lawn guy was here this morning). There's also a hawk that's been coming around and sitting on a branch in our backyard, waiting for the lizards to enjoy the sun.


I AM THINKING ... about being organized and motivated and accomplishing a lot; and about all the things I have to do today.

WE ARE LEARNING … to do unto others as you would have done unto you. I know, basic, but my boys seem to be lacking in this area lately.

I AM THANKFUL FOR ... the sun, that warms my house and my heart on these cold days.

FROM THE KITCHEN ... I'm planning on cooking Chicken Fettucine and salad tonight.

I AM WEARING ... jeans and a grey ruffled vneck tshirt layered over a blue tank (compliments of my kids and Ann Taylor Loft for Christmas).

I AM GOING ... to the grocery this morning. We're in dire need of milk, salad mix, and Gatorade

I AM READING ... The Physick Book of  Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe. Ever hear of it?? My mom said it's good, so now that my other "to read" books are done, I'm picking this one up.

I AM CREATING ... a layout to share tomorrow. I hope you come back to see. I'll be participating in a "musical blog train"

I AM HOPING ... that it doesn't snow tomorrow. Florida can't handle snow (or ice) and schools will likely be cancelled if that happens . . . I'm also hoping that Kristen is able to pull off straight A's on her report card again this 9 weeks.

I AM HEARING ... the hum of our refrigerator and otherwise, complete silence. It's wonderful.

AROUND THE HOUSE ... all signs of Christmas and New Years are gone, but I still have a few piles of laundry to deal with, as well as cleaning up the spare bedroom. Matthew and his tutor will be working back there tonight.

ONE OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS ... listening to my iPod (New Moon soundtrack) through our new surround sound system.

A FEW PLANS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK ... include heading to Home Depot for some posts for a post bound album whichI lost the posts to; doing a few Design Your Life layouts, and scanning my husband's childhood photos (starting to at least); as well as cleaning and apparently Matthew needs a new pair of shoes.
A PICTURE TO SHARE . . .

Yeah, I know they're a little goofy, but they're mine . . . New Year's Eve at the Sea World Christmas Tree . . . getting ready to head home. Matthew won that turtle in one of the games and Lance rode the hydraulic Polar Express at the Wild Arctic (which is a HUGE step for him with the rides). Kristen was a huge help and it was nice to be in shorts while it lasted! Since Jan. 1, we've had a cold streak that has kept us in the highs around 38.

2 comments:

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

You've inspired me to make this my post today too. I can't believe it's 32 degrees in Florida! What's going on? It's only 24 degrees in Kentucky, but we are getting snow.

Cheryl said...

Oh, this is so cool. Would make a great LO. Thanks for the inspiration!