Wednesday, December 02, 2009

December Daily - Day 1



My kids . . . the three most precious things I take care of in my life. I value and treasure them, and this holiday season, want to make sure that they learn the true meaning of Christmas, that they find peace in their hearts, that they learn to give openly and freely, and that they find ways to enjoy just being together; to realize that they are family and that family is there for each other.

I wonder what they're earliest holiday memory will be . . . I know i have a few, and I'm not really sure which one is the earliest, so here they are in no particular order.


I remember:
  • making sugar cookies in my kitchen with my mom. I must have been about six or so.
  • setting up my moms Christmas village under the tree - with the train going through it. I guess this one came later since I was actually allowed to touch the village.
  • making ceramic Christmas ornaments with my mom and going to Bill and Mary Lou's house where Mary Lou made some beautiful ceramic ornaments that we bought from her
  • roasting marshmallows and biscuts in the fire.
  • opening a few Christmas gifts early
  • visiting Grandma's house on Christmas Eve with all the family that could be here; and then driving home through Starke and seeing all the decorations and falling asleep shortly after that.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Love this post. And what a wonderful pic of your kids - they're gorgeous, April!