Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas is on it's Way!

I sure fell off of the December Daily wagon, didn't I? I am making mental (and written) notes, but I've been wrapped up in enjoying the holidays instead of blogging and scrapbooking. I also feel so much more organized than in Christmases past.

Last week was pretty crazy while I finished up kids' Christmas parties at school, attended a performance, and had workers here on Friday installing some trim and mouldings in our new house. It was a busy week. I also found out on Tuesday that my parents wanted to come up and celebrate Christmas with us Saturday (last night) since they're heading out of town to my brother's in NC. So, before Friday, I needed to finish shopping, some gifts for teachers, and a surprise album for my mom and dad; and I still have one of those to go for my mother-in-law. I can't believe I forgot to take pictures, but it was a Photo Album Scrapbook type of thing - slipping in 4x6 photos along with some patterned paper and some cardstock for random journaling about the photos. It was in chronological order of our daily lives (only about 100 photos) since we're seeing less and less of my parents.

I am so proud of myself too, for getting cards in the mail to family and hubby's co-workers and a few old friends that I still had addresses for. I only sent 20 or so, but it sure is better than the nothing I had sent last year, and the year before, and even the year before that. I'm hoping to beef it up next year and hit 50. I certainly have lots of friends I've met online that I don't have their home addresses for that I will be making an effort to collect over the next 350 days or so! :-) Please don't feel like I don't think of you and care about your family this holiday season if you didn't recieve a card from me . . . baby steps!

I thought I'd share with you the little candy jars I made for the boys' teachers. They turned out adorable and of course, I filled them with their favorite chocolate candies!









I used BoBunny Christmas papers, CTMH red ribbon, dressed up the striped paper and snowflake with Icicle Stickles, and paper crimped the green background paper on the jars. The pattern was done from cutting and scoring and adhering (in other words, it wasn't a die cut pattern somewhere) and an oval punch at the handles.

In other Scrapping News: THIS class opened for registration this weekend! More soon from me on this, but if you haven't taken it before, and you're just completely overwhelmed with your photos, not knowing where to go to find the "right" photo when inspiration strikes, maybe even to the point where you avoid scrapbooking . . . then this class is for YOU! There's still time to ask for it for Christmas!! I wouldn't trade my time in this classroom for ANYTHING!

1 comment:

Laura @ Cameron Crazy said...

I am a bit behind on my december daily too. Just trying to take notes and be present. That's all we can do! :)