Thursday, November 12, 2009

Our Morning in Photos


Yesterday morning we had our cinnamon rolls for breakfast before DD was picked up for a shopping day with her Nana.


M painted his Dinos (which he later used the box to create a backdrop for creative play with his dinos and L's dragons)!

L built with his legos while I helped M mix paint colors and open and close the lids.

Then L worked on his dragons. Notice the YELLOW on this dragon? Still fanatical about that color.

Then it became homework time. We did head outside and clean up a bit before this. I didn't take my camera out as it was drizzling pretty badly. I'm hating the weather right now. It's the most depressing time of the year for me. I'm highly "sun-oriented."

It's amazing the difference between L's eagerness for schoolwork and his capabilities from last year to this year. He used to need my help; he used to fight everytime we'd sit down to the table to do homework - always ending in tears. If you ever are considering holding a young boy back because you think he is just too immature, too not ready for school, I would never hesitate or question my judgement again. The second time around is night and day and so much better! He's a leader and his behavior is so much better. Whew!




As the afternoon hit, we played more outside though it was still cloudy and drizzly . . . so no pictures. Then K and M's tutor arrived at the same time (right at 5) and it was time to juggle chaos. I was exhausted. So, we didn't get the entire list accomplished from yesterday, but we stayed busy, threw in a healthy dose of fun, and did what had to be done on a day where the kids had to fit into my normal routine. Hope you enjoyed the snapshot into our life here at home.

7 comments:

elinjanne said...

Thanks for sharing your morning.
Loved your post : I am...stay at home mum. It must be so rewarding to be able to be there and enjoy the kids growing up.
-elin-

Debbie said...

All looks very idylic and organised! Nothing like my house!!

Mary B said...

Lovely photo and I love the yellow dragon

Linda said...

Fab photos! I love the expression on your son's face painting the dinosaur! (Linda from Shimelle's class)

Diane H said...

Great phtos...looks like a calm morning!
Arrived her from Elisha's class :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wonderful perspective in your photos and in your writing!
TFP,
Rinda

senovia said...

I love posts like this! :)