Sunday, November 15, 2009

Monday Morning Check In

So, how'd your weekend go?? Mine was pretty busy with beautiful and sunny, 75+ degree weather. However, trying to act like I'm in my 20s again by staying up until 2 am with a campout/end-of-season party was not a good way to enter into my Sunday. But I did. And I paid for it. With sleeping in until 9 and then taking a nap before 11. My head felt like it was full of cobwebs all day. And there was no drinking involved, well, of the alcoholic kind. Very odd.

So, tell me, did you do anything fun? Did you get done all YOU had hoped to do this weekend?





Here was my list:
  • Buy cheese and crackers to put together trays for the football party on Saturday - DONE!
  • Search for a camera battery charger - Partially Done
  • Hang a few paintings around my house
  • Start holiday planning with hubby: where are we going, what decor do we want to add? - DONE (the key here is START)
  • Buy more mulch for the front flower beds
As you can see, with only really having today to work with, I didn't accomplish a whole lot in regards to my list. However, I did run to Target and buy THIS New Moon Soundtrack (I can not WAIT for this movie to open on Friday) and THIS (Does anyone else remember playing the original as a child or are you too young to remember??) tonight during a break from helping my children continue to work on their school projects.

In other news:

Feel free to join me today (and every Monday until December 15) in the Big Picture Scrapbooking Reading Room (scroll down and it's the last class on the bottom right side). It's a free "class" that you'll need to login and register for (but you won't have to pay anything). If you aren't already a member, you'll have to register (also free) as a member of BPS. This month, we're reading and discussing Rebecca by Daphne DuMaurier and in December we'll only read for two weeks and that will be The Autobiography of Santa Claus. I'd love to have you join in the discussions!

I'm planning a camping trip with my boys in the coming weeks/months. I've not camped, I mean, REALLY camped (as in tents . . . though it is at a campground), in YEARS. I'm looking forward to starting again as I know I used to love it, and I think the boys will too. If you have any tips or suggestions, I'm all ears. We're going with two other families and sharing campsites. One family camps quite frequently, but I want to be prepared (isn't that the old Scout motto?). Our tent and sleeping bags should be arriving very soon!





I hope to be back later on today with some crafty goodness to share! I'm making it a point to be in my room for at least an hour today actually WORKING on something!! :-) Be sure to check back later tonight and see!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that "I will do one thing today" pad. That's the kind of list I need (I'm not a list girl. They are too overwhleming in intimidating.) This I could handle.

Camping advice: book a hotel room! I was born and raised in the country, live almost in the country now. EVERYONE here owns a holiday trailer, except us. No desire to camp in a tent or a trailer. But good luck to your family.

TracyBzz

Maria Ontiveros said...

When we used to camp frequently, we had designated camping bins with all our camping gear (pots, plates, etc.) already packed and at the ready. They were heavy duty plastic, stackable and about 3'x2'x1'. It made it really easy to grab and go.

Also, we love battery powered lanterns. Great invention.
Rinda

Carrie/scrapchick said...

Hope you feel better! What a neat note pad! So cool. Pretty blog header. :)

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

I loved Super Mario Brothers as a kid. We've been debating getting it, but our daughter is too young and I don't know that I care quite enough. I didn't get enough done this weekend, but the point was to visit with my friend. I definitely got that done.

sharyncarlson said...

What a cool notepad! Our family wasn't much for camping so I'm afraid I don't have any tips. But wanted to wish you good luck and a very good time!

6p01156f3ca993970c said...

I went camping once when I was in my twenties. I forgot/didn't know to bring a sleeping bag & pillow so I ended up sleeping in a hammock with a Golden Retriever as a blanket. It was miserable and I have refused to ever go again LOL. Hope your experience is better :)

Brittany said...

I never get everything done that I want to over the weekend, lol.

It snowed here, though! :(