Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Little Treasure


THIS was the sweetest thing that my son has done for my darling daughter in a LOOOONNNGGG time! I don't know if you can read the note he wrote but it says: for kristen from matthew I hope you like this. You see, his sister, for the first time ever, decided that she would give up trick-or-treating this year for the love of Florida football. The Florida-Georgia football game was Saturday and didn't get over until 7, and therefore, she wouldn't be home until close to 9. Now, a few things you have to understand before you can really appreciate this story is that a) matthew has a major sweet tooth and can never get enough candy, b) these two are 8 years apart and at odds over EVERYTHING, and c) he doesn't like the Florida Gators (at all. I think it's how he's rebellious . . . trying to ruffle feathers in the family and really bug his father) . . . At any rate, what you see there are four bags of candy that, when Matthew came in from trick or treating, specifically set aside for his sister for when she came home. He asked first if she liked it and then if she could eat it (b/c of her braces) and then he'd bag it if it was cleared. It was so stinkin' cute! Just another reminder that I am doing something right, even on days where it seems like my kids just want to test their boundaries and I'm exhausted to no end. I have these little treasures that brighten my day and remind me that it's all worth it.

8 comments:

Kim said...

How SWEET!!!

Meg said...

Oh that's beyond precious! Good, good boy!

Beverly said...

It's great when kids can surprise you, isn't it? :)

dottydotty said...

how cool what a fab brother

Jeanne said...

What a wonderful thing your son did for his sister. THAT makes everything we put up with worthwhile.

I have to admit to being intrigued by that scrapbooking class you are taking. Is it available to you after the class time is over? I think I would like the class, but not sure if I can commit to doing it right now, but would love if it was available to go back to later.

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

Wonderful! What a sweet boy. I'm sure big sis appreciated the thought (even if she didn't act like it).

Cheryl said...

Such a sweet story!

jan said...

How awesome is this? Little things like this just reaffirm that you've done well with your children. How did your daughter respond?