Monday, November 02, 2009

Blogging for Scrapbookers, anyone?

I've decided to take this online class, taught by Shimelle Laine, to hopefully perk up my blogging (and actually give me a reason to come by and get in the habit of posting)! I'm sure all of my readers, both old and new, would appreciate that! Which, btw, through the class, there's a whole lot of new traffic I may be getting, so I want to take a minute to say HELLO to all of my new readers! I hope you'll stop by often, and comment on things you like.

My goals for this class: I may not get a post in EVERY day, but hopefully several times a week. I also want to fit it into my already very busy life, which concerns me because I've already spent way too much time today on Shimelle's forums chatting and blog-hopping to all my classmates blogs (yikes!). I also hope to incorporate this blog for more than recording the "big things" but also little snippets of everyday life that I don't want to forget - in order to incorporate those thngs into my scrapbooks more frequently. Another goal is to start including more photos in my posts . . . I admit, while I take pictures, I only upload to the computer every week or so, and then forget about bringing them into blogger . . . Keep your fingers crossed, because I know posts are more fun with pictures and not just a bunch of words!

Anyhow, if you'd like to join me (maybe you wouldn't mind improving some of the very things I mentioned above) why don't you run quick over to Shimelle's website and sign up! It's only $15 USD and it's been so informative thus far . . . I've made quick friends with my google reader and next button! :-)

In other scrappy news:

I finished a LayOut A Day challenge with Lain - with 100% success nonetheless! I'm pretty impressed. While I knew I could do it (I did it in January 2008 as well), I was amazed that I could do it during the day, fitting in all of my other responsibilities and not leave it until after 11 pm. This made me very happy!


I also won a random drawing contest at ella publishing for submitting this layout based on using the title "I love your smile." I know, I know - it was a random drawing, but I still think this is one of my favorite layouts I've done in the last month. I was channeling my inner Cathy Zielske with her clean linear design and basic neutral background. I also have NEVER won anything in a contest (or drawing) before - EVER - so I was pretty excited. I won a pair of LittleMissMatched socks as a runner-up! Okay, if you've never heard of these socks before, go NOW to this site and check them out! Their colors and patterns have always made me happy, and I was lucky enough to get a pair of flip flops from them this past spring, but I've never splurged on their socks before - so I'm super-uber excited!! Thanks Ella ladies!!

Hope everyone's having a fabulous day! :-)

18 comments:

Rachel said...

Just landed here from the Blogging for Scrapbookers class--and I have to say, that is a GORGEOUS layout! I love the simplicity of it. You definitely rocked the Zielske style. Awesome.

Congrats on winning the contest. I once won a giveaway on Ali Edwards's blog and thought my head would blow off from the excitement! :)

Meg said...

Oh I love the socks on that site! So fun! Beautiful layout, too, love the soft colors!

Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed reading your blog very much. I'm also taking Shimelle's class and hope to improve my blog.

Debbie said...

Good luck with the class and congrats on the LO a day challenge!! That LO is beaitiful!!

StudioB said...

Hi April,
Congrats on the layout. I saw that you had won. I bought my girls some socks and arm warmers in the Downtown Disney store last month when we were there. Sadly they don't ship to Canada :( even though there is the option to choose it under country.
TracyBzz

kikimama said...

Hiya, Chrissy here from Shimelle's class. Well done on winning the contest! Love your header.

Meghann said...

I really like this page! The colors, patterned paper, photo & simplicity all work together! Congrats on winning the prize!

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

I joined Shimelle's class last night too! I keep thinking of your admonition last spring "what about the scrapbooking?" I write about so many other things and forget to write about my scrapbooking. I'm also taking Yesterday + Today, and I'm already feeling a little overwhelmed but I think both classes are going to help a lot. Congrats on winning! I wanted to enter that contest but didn't get around to it. And congrats on LOAD. I haven't participated in that since January 2008, either, and I miss it.

S said...

Greetings, April. I'm in Shimelle's class too. I really enjoyed the October LOAD group and am happy to see a few of us in class together. Happy bloggin'!

Karen said...

Congrats on your win. I saw your LO on Ella and loved it there as well. Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, I took the photo on my header this summer in the Badlands. My son-in-law rounded the corners for me in Photoshop when he was here in August. I only have Elements, but just downloaded a book from Ella that tells me how to do it myself in PSE. I want to learn how to replace the photos in the banner. Maybe this class will be the motivation! Love your site.

KarenS said...

Hi April,

Congratulations on winning the contest. Your layout is great! See you in the class forum :-)

Kathy said...

Congrats on finishing Laine's class. I KNOW that is a big accomplishment. I did it once and I need to try it again.

dottydotty said...

Thanks for hopping by my blog this class is so fun isn't it love your LO that smile is just so lush happy blogging
Val

Sharyn said...

Congrats on LOAD and your win at Ella - I'm sure it felt fabulous! I adore the Smile layout you created; great job!

Cheryl said...

Congrats on both your LOAD and your contest win. That LO is wonderful! PS. I wanna see a pic of your socks at some point. :)

Tammy said...

Hi I'm a fellow classmate from Shimelle's class. I love your blog and the scrapbook page you did is so darling. Sometimes simple is best so that you can see that adorable little face. See you in the forum.

Paula Wessells said...

You are on a roll Girl! Great job on all the layouts.

Diane H said...

Cute boarder on this page:)
and a very cute smile too!