Saturday, November 21, 2009

Blogging Around the World

Have you ever wanted to travel to all kinds of different locations around the world but for whatever reason, you just can't pull it off? What if I told you that TODAY, you could travel all over the world just by sitting on your sofa or at your desk, on your computer!

Today, I'm taking part of a blog hop from Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers class, which I've been a part of for the last three weeks. Some of you may have found me from Julie's blog, who happens to live in Atlanta. Atlanta is somewhere I love to travel to when I was younger. They now have the Atlanta Aquarium that I'm hoping to go visit soon!

You now find yourself in Jacksonville, FL (technically, I'm in a suburb of Jacksonville). It's the northernmost city in Florida along the Eastern coast (bordering the Atlantic Ocean). Today, the weather will be in the mid-70s F and sunny. It's one of the great things about living here in Florida: the fact that I'm still wearing shorts and flip flops when part of our country has already had lots of snowfall. We're only about 2 1/2 hours from Orlando (home of the Mickey Ears and Shamu) and about an hour to the Georgia border. We're probably best known for our NFL team, the Jacksonville Jaguars, and hosting the Super Bowl a few years back. I feel lucky being able to call this city my home since I was born.



We just moved into our current house at the end of July this year and I'm so happy that we're here. I have a beautifully peaceful backyard, and my very own scrapbook studio to boot. Honestly, it was a few difficult months before we moved in, and in part, it was because we moved less than a mile from our previous home. Out of our front windows (seen above), if you were looking out, you'd see that driveway, and then a street, and then past that, a long row of backyards. I love this because my kids often play at a few of those houses and are frequently in the backyard. All I have to do is look out the window to see that they're playing and having fun!



Even though I have nature to my backyard (which is where most of the windows look out to when I wake up and work in the house - the kitchen, breakfast room, family room, and formal living room), I'm still less than five minutes to a movie theatre, a library, several parks, Wal Mart, Publix (our local grocery store), Target, and all kinds of unhealthy fast food places . . .


This is my favorite happy place in this new house of ours - when it's clean at least. I participated in a Layout a Day challenge back in October and I've not really stepped in there since then. I'm avoiding it like the plague because it's such a disaster.

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting me in Jacksonville, FL!
It's now time for me to send you on your way. I wish you much fun as you continue on your journey! Your next stop is to DragonsLady's Blog over in the mountains of Northern New Mexico. It sounds like it should be an interesting location to learn about!

If you're just joining the hop here at my blog, don't worry. The goal of our blog hopping is to take you on a trip around the world, so each blog will link up to the next - no real beginning or end - and take you in a circle. Eventually you'll find yourself right back here! Please come back and tell me about your trip . . . I'd love to know your favorite destination!

24 comments:

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing April- your new home looks lovely.

JO SOWERBY said...

hello from a fellow ali classmate from across the pond. i now have house and scrap space envy. do they have deadly sins for scrappers do you think?
jo xxx

helena said...

what a great house. thanks for being part of the blog party

Lee said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL April. Love it. My parents have a place south of you, in Jupiter. So nice. I'd love 70* today. We were closer to 40* or less!

Peggy said...

hello from a fellow Floridian. pretty pictures, great scrappy space.

scrappyjacky said...

What a gorgeous house....and such a lovely view at the back.

sm3wkl said...

Oh! Sunshine! I'm missing that already in Michigan.

Margi said...

Excellent pics April, your home and surroundings are gorgeous. I'm hoping to get to Jacksonville soon, my sister in law is there and I have yet to visit.

Irene said...

Lovely to have such a shady sanctuary outside!

Jools said...

What a lovely garden, with such a great view.

Kathy M said...

What a great backyard. I would have moved too.

Photographing Mom said...

Wonderful backyard and scrapping place!
Thanks for sharing!

Francine87544 said...

Wow - Small world - I have an aunt living in Jacksonville. She's in real estate (don't know if she's a broker or just sales.) Of course I think she's retired now - she spends a lot of time visiting her daughter in Oregon. :D Love your pictures. Now - get back in there and start scrapping again! (Just kidding - I know how sometimes it's just not in there and you're doing a lot with yesterday and today.

JJ Sobey said...

Love those dormer windows on your house!!

And I'm jealous of your scrap space!

Tracy said...

I love your house and your garden, gorgeous!

Sian said...

I think this might be one of my favourite destinations! Because I love the idea of being close to nature and the library!

Melissa said...

Your new home looks beautiful, wehat a great backyard.

elinjanne said...

Hi April!

Love your new house.
(You Americans have the biggest houses and I have no idea what you need all that space for).
Still - I love your house:)

I will come back later and read your post about Ali`s class.

-elin-

S said...

Hi April,

Just popped in to see your little corner of the world. Your home looks lovely and welcoming. And isn't it a blessing to be able to see the kids when they are playing at the neighbors' houses.

Cheri said...

Hi! I would love to live in Fl and miss out on winter. You seem to have the best of all worlds in your new home. Love it.

debs14 said...

What a lovely neighbourhood you live in. We came to Florida about 10 years ago and would love to return. I would love to still be in summer clothes in November!

The Scrapping Edge said...

I think your house is lovely and glad that I got to visit it and florida on this blog around the world.

Angela2932 said...

Your weather sounds divine! And to be so close to WDW! I can see why you chose to make this place your home! And your back yard looks gorgeous. TFS!

Cheryl said...

Your home is beautiful, April!