I do want to THANK all the soldiers who have stood for our country - in times of war and peace. I don't want my frustration to sound as though I am not grateful. I AM, so very grateful, for all of those lives that have been lost - both in the US and worldwide, in support of FREEDOM.
(this photo was taken by my daughter from her class trip to DC last spring)
BUT, we're going to make the most of today and have some FUN - even with the rain we've got coming down because of "Tropical Depression Ida" that came ashore yesterday and brought with it a lot of clouds too.
So, drum roll please . . . here's what the boys have decided to do for adding some FUN to our day! I'll report back later.
1. Wii time while breakfast is cooking
2. Cinnamon rolls for breakfast
3. a walk in the woods (this one can only happen if we get a break from the rain and it's not too wet).
4. painting their dino and dragon sets that Nana got them for their birthdays
5. buy a few new books
6. jump in rain puddles
7. put together a puzzle (or two)
8. make some paper airplanes and have airplane races around the house
9. build with legos
10. play more Wii
(and of course, life can't all be FUN . . . we do have cleaning to do, as well as homework for the boys.) Like I said earlier, we'll report back with the FUN we had! I hope to cram in some scrapbooking time too, but we'll see how that goes.
Here's to YOU putting a little FUN in your life today!!