Friday, October 02, 2009

October 1 (a day late)

Last year, on October 1, 2008, I participated in a "Be Present" activity with Stacy Julian and MANY other women. Yesterday, we were to take a look at what our life was like 365 days ago, and see what came to mind. While I don't have the mini album any longer (it was "misplaced" in the move) I do still know what pictures I had in them, so I will reprint and create my "layout" using those photos this month during LOAD, so you can look for that soon.


What I realized however, looking back, was that I am a creature of habit and structure. I still love starbucks (and the same drink too) though I don't get there as frequently now that the boys take a bus to school; we're still in the middle of football, though Lance is taking a break from soccer; and while we're in a new house, we're in the process of painting the main rooms with the same color palette.

There's so much more (and I'll elaborate on the future layout to be) but what I want you to do is, if you haven't already done this activity, GO NOW and document in photos October 2nd and be PRESENT in today! I cherished every second yesterday reminiscing just how far we've come from 365 days ago!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

This is a really cool idea. I imagine Project 365 probably provides a lot of opportunity to look back like this.

I laughed when I read your comment about paining the new house the same colors. I did the same thing when we moved from the condo to our first house. And then when we moved here, I was put on notice that I would not be painting the kitchen blue again, LOL.