Sunday, October 04, 2009

LOAD 10/1, 10/2, and 10/3


Day 1 - This Moment: (Did you notice it was 8.5x11?? I mix sizes in my albums) I was browsing through my storage binders (my most recent one, mind you, as I just sent Spring and Summer 09 to the printer) and decided to scrap a photo that, when I looked at it, tugged at my heart. I pulled the blue and orange combo from their outfits (it's rare to get this particular son into Gator clothing) yet I wanted a tad softer so it didn't compete too much with the photo. I found a design for a vertical photo in my binder from Cathy Z.'s Design Your Life class. (Oh, and btw, she's teaching it again in Jan-Mar 2010 and you should sign up if only for her weekly videos!) In Cathy's sketch, she tells us the size of the journaling block, so I went into Word, typed up my journaling, and printed. For the title, I went to my handy dandy Thickers for MOMENT and then found some rubons (as I wanted smaller letters) for the word THIS. I think it turned out pretty cute and it took less than 30 minutes (which tends to happen when I don't start mixing in patterned paper!) The journaling reads: This was a day I never saw coming. We were at EPCOT with all the kids back in December 2008 and I wanted them all in a picture together with the flowers behind them. Well, I'm not surprised with the fact that I couldn't get all three of them in the photo together, but rather what happened when I got Matthew and Kristen over there. While these two are usually the ones most at each other's throats: sneaking into rooms, shoving each other around, and just being mean, I got THIS as the picture. Yep, that's Matthew who, out of the blue, decided to lean over and give his sister a hug. He says he doesn't love her, but we know better. It was just nice to see THIS! After all the times of trying to get them to understand that they're stuck with each other and they should be nice to each other, it was fabulous to capture THIS moment on film. Of course, the shot right after this on is of his arms tightening around her neck . . . getting tighter and tighter by the second. Some things will never change, but I'm glad to see something sinking in.




Day 2 - 14 and Fabulous: This one is the reason I don't usually use a lot of patterned paper. I don't think I'm that great at it. These papers and embellies were all part of a kit that I used to get from Cocoa Daisy. I love Basic Grey anyways, so I'm glad it was in this kit. My daughter turned 14 and while she didn't have a party in the traditional sense with LOTS of friends and a big cake and lots and lots of gifts (I earned that break after her 13th birthday party), we did still take her out to dinner of her choice and a few simple gifts, and later, she had a sleepover when we took her to see Twilight when it finally opened in theatres. I think I like the journaling the best as the pics don't really show what her gifts were; they were more like little hints as to what her 14th was all about. The journaling reads:

Remember this:
  • Twilight was all the rage
  • Jonas Brothers made purity rings hot
  • Dinner at O'Charleys
  • Regan, Charley, Rachna, Bonnie, and Kiley kept you company at the movies


Day 3 - Love is in the Air: I rarely take photos of Valentines Day but I wanted to remember some of the traditions that go along with some of these smaller holidays (although I only got one tradition on this one). I don't usually do a lot of holiday type layouts anymore, but I also felt the need to also use up some of the remaining Loveland (from Scenic Route) that i had. I will miss my beloved Scenic Route. They were always a go-to manufacturer for me, as I loved the bright happy colors that they used.

2 comments:

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

What cute pages! I especially like the 1st and 3rd ones also. I don't think I've ever used Scenic Route (or perhaps even seen it anywhere), but I'm sorry for you that it's gone. And for the whole community. It's sad and a little scary when we lose a manufacturer.

Cheryl said...

Love your "this moment" page. And the "remember this" journaling is such a great idea! Can't wait to see more of your LOAD! :)