Thursday, October 29, 2009

Backyard Neighbor


Here's our big bad "neighbor" that lives in the pond behind our house. I mentioned one day how I wish I didn't have curious kids with an all too friendly curious alligator, and the other day I grabbed this shot wen he was out sunning - one day when the weather was cooling off last week. While I don't mind him at this point, because he hasn't gotten close enough, we're watchful . . . as he doesn't seem very afraid of us. In fact, he likes the idea of coming up while we're feeding the fish, so we don't get to do that often. I'd say he's pretty close to four feet. Anyone want to come and visit? Maybe catch a gator?

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my! While I love gators, I much prefer to enjoy them from a safe distance. Very cool pic, though. I hope you're having a great Halloween - can't wait to see the pics! And GO GATORS! :)

20Birds said...

makes miss ( a tiny bit ) florida we dont see many of them in canada!

dottydotty said...

crikey think i would have to move so different from the UK:)

SarahLP said...

OMG, an alligator!! That's crazily scary!! No, we don't have many of them in the UK, not many scary animal at all in fact ;o)

Loving your blog, April, and love you LO in the post above. Will def be back to see some more!

Christy said...

Oh dear...this makes me so nervous! lol Cute blog. Stopping by from class...love your pics and blog!

Heather said...

I was at AC Moore last week and decided I just had to have this paper: http://www.scrapbookneeds.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=15253

Then I realized I got it because I was thinking of you, and this post! LOL

See you in the next LOAD (hopefully) :)