Thursday, September 03, 2009

Just started a new class

Big Picture Scrapbooking

over at (you guessed it) Big Picture Scrapbooking! This one is called Me: The Abridged Version, and is taught by Cathy Zielske. At first, I wasn't that hyped about the class. I was stumped on where to start MY story and while I wanted to borrow the book the class is based off of from the library, unfortunately our library system here didn't carry it (and I just don't have the funds to run out and buy every book that sounds great)!

Anyhow, the classroom opened today, and after tackling my grocery list (with the hopes of doing shopping later), I sat down to watch Cathy's opening video. WOW! As if I should have expected anything different, I was amazed. As always, the message boards are hopping, and everyone is sharing fabulous ideas, and all of a sudden, my planned grocery trip was side-tracked until tomorrow (oops, sorry honey). I'm having a ball in class and I think everyone else is too - trying to come up with meaning for each of the letters of the alphabet for our own "encyclopedia" of me and working on the stories to go with them.

One student in class put this in the Help board (a place where we go to find letters that we need help filling): W - Work, need to M - Mortgage doesn't get paid by R - Reading Message boards and O - obsessively posting. Only thing needed to add was See also: BPS, addictions.

If you're not there already, and you love to scrapbook, yet find you're always leaving your story out, this class is for you . . . and okay, even if you already do all that, you need to take this class because Cathy teaches it and she's a fabulous teacher and it's in a fun and happy environment!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm with you, April. This might be my favorite class to date. I jumped out of bed at 5:30 this morning, scrambling to find my tag book because an idea came to me and I just HAD to write it down right then and there, lol.

V said...

I think the class is going to be amazing! Talk to your library about an inter-library loan. They usually charge you a small fee (around a dollar or two) and it may take a week or two to get the book, but it's a great way to see books your own library doesn't stock.

Conchi said...

Hi!! I am also inthe class of Cathy. Sure to be fun!!.
Kisses from Spain

AuBien said...

Just dropping in to say hi from the BPS Me:Abridged! Great blog!