Friday, August 07, 2009

A few layouts and Ella Publishing

that I hadn't shared from the May LOAD Challenge with Lain over at her ScrapHappy blog. I had the priveledge of meeting Lain (and Angie Lucas, Katie Scott, and Tami Morrison) at the CHA Craft Supershow last Friday (July 31). It was loads of fun to get to hang out while they spread the word of Ella Publishing - a fabulous new e-publishing company dedicated to memory-keeping. They will be selling e-books that you can download straight to your computer for a reasonable cost, as well as sending out a monthly e-zine filled with ideas! You should definitely go sign up now!!

Now, I'll leave you with those other layouts I had yet to share . . . though I do think there's some more! When her next LOAD challenge comes along, I'll definitely be posting here and I hope you decide to join me!!


This layout was completed using some product from one of the Cocoa Daisy kits I was getting. It was based on a challenge to create a layout about your family using an older photo paired with what you didn't know would happen in your lives when that picture was taken.


Ahhh, this one was created with paper that I actually bought two of (it was from a Scenic Route line last spring/summer). I enjoyed doing this layout of my boys having fun together, because 9 of 10 times, if you were to ask them if they love each other (or heck, even like each other) they'd answer you with a big fat NO WAY! This is proof of that otherwise rocky relationship. I enjoyed journaling on the rays of sunshine and adding all those happy blue buttons along the bottom of the photo.


Ahh, and the final one for now . . . Matthew is my speed demon. He loves all things speedy and fast and he operates in that manner too. He would constantly race cars up and down the sidewalk in front of our house as they left our neighborhood.

No comments: