Friday, March 20, 2009

Time keeps flying by!

Look at my big kid!
So my middle child has started riding his bike to and from school with a neighbor, which while it's fabulous she includes him, is a little of a problem because they don't always ride (and well, I won't let him ride alone). The reason I don't ride him up there myself, you may be asking, is because my youngest HATES getting sweaty riding home and he's very distractable on the way to school (we'd have to leave 30 minutes early to go less than 1/4 mile).

Anyhow, it's looking like we need to break down and buy some type of seat for my youngest to enjoy the ride while Matthew and I exercise to and from school. My youngest also hasn't learned to ride 2 wheels yet - whereas Matthew came home his first day of Kindergarten and got to work. He wanted to be one of the cool kids riding his bike to school, and you know what? He learned to ride a 2 wheeler in three days - seriously was GOOD in three days . . . but I had Lance who was just in preschool and none of Matthew's friends wanted to ride (or didn't know how to ride) to school.

If you have a good solution for me to carry along my kindergartner - he's 5 and about 44 pounds - I'd love to hear them! I've seen the trailers and I've seen the 1/2 bike that attaches to the adult bike. I'd love to also hear opinions on those if you have used one or both - or if you've got a completely different idea!!

And now, for your viewing pleasure, here's a few other layouts from Cathy's Design Your Life class at Big Picture Scrapbooking:

just a snapshot of our life in October 2004 . . . Love that I can pull a page like this together and be able to look back in 10 minutes!


seriously I hate these pictures (well, okay, I like the ones without me in them) but I was pregnant and ready to be done. My body does not like being pregnant even though my mind and heart loves it. I was never really naseuos, but the blood pressure meds and regulation was a PAIN in the NECK! I hate weigt gain and the problem is, I don't look much better than when that picture was taken - especially my arms . . . my daughter however was such a cutie, and my husband wasn't too bad either! So, I wanted to let everyone know, that just because you choose to no longer scrapbook "chronologically" it doesn't mean that a) you have to only scrapbook connections and b) that you can find other ways to scrapbook events . . . These photos were from egg-dying in 2002, but the layout is truly more about my daughter than egg-dying, and therefore will find a home in her section of my Library albums.



I've had a few requests to share pictures of my title and section pages from my library, so be looking for those soon!

1 comment:

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

I hope someone has some ideas for your bike riding adventures. I would like to start riding again, but I don't know what to do with my two year old. I'm not sure about the trailers, and the seat I used to put my little brother on isn't considered safe anymore. Thanks for sharing your pages!