Monday, March 02, 2009

So I think we're in LOVE

Ahh . . . funny, huh? I saw a house a few weeks ago, that I thought would be too small and too expensive. On a whim, I looked it up online, where I found MORE photos than what was on the flyer. It really sounded too good to be true. Nonetheless, last week, I took my son who was sick at home that day to meet the listing agent and tour the house. I fell - quick. It just felt right. Sure, The master is on the other side of the house from everything else - having to go past the front door to go anywhere (which has been a pet peeve here) and the breakfast room is probably going to be too small for my new kitchen table - and the floors, while nice and "workable" are not full cherry wood floors - there's tile and oak . . . and the kitchen has no granite countertops.

HOWEVER, there's 18-20 ft. ceilings in the master and main living areas. 10 ft. ceilings in the secondary bedrooms - AND it's a preserve lot with water views in the neighbors yard - AND the rooms are HUGE - like 14x12 - and a laundry room that is NOT a walk-through, and you should see the storage shelves in the closets and the pantry goes to under the staircase storage . . . and it's a 3 car garage, and it's one house away from a cul-de-sac with lots of kids around . . . I keep thinking of all the things I am worried about and am going to have to give up with this house and I can't beat the lot and the room sizes and the storage and the feeling that I get when I walk through . . .

Anyhow, I started feeling I'd let it go. After all, our house isn't even on the market yet, so chances of getting it are super-slim. The house was on the market for six months previously before the new agent took over, and it didn't sell. I don't know what's changed, but Ed decided he wanted to see it this past weekend, and my love affair started all over again! LOL

Anyhow, there's a garage sale in our neighborhoods Saturday and Sunday. Our carpet is done. We've just got to get stuff to storage, get the paint redone and finish off the landscaping in the backyard (we need to resod since we've had mulch around the playset), and then we may be able to figure out what we can sell our house for to put an offer down on this other one. We shall see.

No comments: