Thursday, March 12, 2009

House Update and Thank Goodness for Storage Binders

My youngest is still at home sick today. We took him to the doctor Tuesday and he had a fever of 102.4, and since he's had a fever off and on for about three weeks with congestion, the doctor thought it may be a sinus infection now. He's on day 3 with the antibiotics and it doesn't seem to be doing anything (though at least he can function and he says his headache is gone). Don't know if it was a really bad infection or if it's just yet another cold for a kid who won't drink anything but milk (read: no vitamin c).

I've finally cooled off on the house from earlier. It's still the best one we've seen, but there are still issues with it. We had a garage sale last weekend and I've got to finish disposing of all the un-sold stuff by tomorrow. The house should be finished getting painted by Monday, and on Friday next week we'll have new landscaping! We're going to have some realtors come by this weekend and talk to us about marketing the house and start figuring out what we may be able to get for it. Should be lots of fun! LOL Oh, and it's hard to believe that the Photo Album Scrapbook that I started over two years ago for our house will soon be a completed and done process. We chose the lot, and the floorplan for this house - built from the ground up - and to think we'll be moving out of it hopefully in the next six months.

On another note, I was very thankful for my library system with my storage binders set up this morning. My son, while out doing some errands, asked in between his watering eyes and cough, if he could see some alligators. I told him, no, that we couldn't go to the zoo today. He was disappointed and let me know that he wanted to go to the Alligator Farm very soon. We then started reiminscing about the last time we went to the Alligator Farm and how old he was and if I remembered the baby alligators. Then it occurred to me that we could go home and while not exactly the same, he could see alligators in photos from that last trip. So, we came home, looked through one or two storage binders to find just the right season, and enjoyed sifting through memories. Mind you, he was about 2 1/2 in those photos. His memory never ceases to amaze me!

2 comments:

Fun Mama - Deanna said...

What an awesome endorsement of storage binders! I didn't realize you were that close to St. Augustine. Is there another zoo in your area too?

ScrappingMomof3 said...

yeah, we have the Jacksonville Zoo which is about 40 minutes away, and then we have St. Augustine which is 45 minutes away. Now that the kids are in school, we have less and less time for fun things like that!