Friday, July 18, 2008

Scattered!!

That's my mind these days!! The summer is quickly on it's way out the door. One month from today and all the kids are officially back in school. Of course, I've got many projects on my plate that I want and need to do and their just not coming to fruition. It's this internal battle of what needs to be done vs. what I really WANT to do . . . knowing that I could be starting work on August 11th is not helping me be less selfish with my free time that I have now.

First, I've been the school "historian" with PFA this year. Basically, I'm in charge of the school scrapbooks. Well, they were hurting. There were a few years "missing" where all we have is newspaper articles and then I needed to stay current with this year's events as well. It wasn't so bad at first. I copied all the clippings and searched for photos that I may have had (and even spoke to many teachers that were there, as well as other parents) to see if there was ANYTHING that could add some interest (to no avail) and I got busy on finishing those up. But in the spring, when I wanted to start on this years pages, I got really sick, and now I just can't seem to find the mojo to do these pages that just don't "inspire" me.

What I do want to do is work on my photography and the Have More Fun class at BPS, as well as some layouts from the already finished Baker's Dozen that are calling my name. Those classes have just been so FUN, freeing, and plain interesting and I've got all these ideas spinning in my head . . . Obviously I need to get this out of my system so my mind can work diligently on the "necessary." Hopefully that means I'll have some new pages to share soon!

In other news . . . do you see my new widget over there to the right? LOL I know, you've heard enough, right? Well, if you haven't read at least one of these books yet (if you enjoy reading) then it hasn't been enough. Just two weeks until the release . . . which means less than two weeks and I'll be in Orlando, FL at the Close To My Heart Convention (which brings up another need/want to my list: SWAPS to trade)!!! Anyhow, the publishers are releasing a quote of the day from her book to make us even more antsy . . . you should check them out as well as the NEW trailer!!!

Have a wonderful Friday!!

No comments: