Thursday, July 17, 2008

A few photos . . .

A few people have been asking how I'm liking the Photography class I'm taking at BPS and I wanted to be sure you all knew that I think this class is worth every penny! I don't know how Barbara can keep up with everything - it almost has to become a full-time job for her. It's not just her in-depth class handouts but also the critiquing in her gallery as well as answering everyone's more specific questions regarding equipment details and care! Unbelievable!
With that in mind, last week was just our first week and our main assignment was to pull together an Inspiration Notebook and start using it as a jumping off point for our own photographs . . . yeah, I didn't necessarily post those, just because some are just not that fabulous . . . but the one of the viewer was taken at the zoo and that was completely a lift off of a friend's blog . . . I thought it was a cute play on words! The other thing I've got an issue with is a DD who hates having her picture taken, and young children who are huge HAMs for the camera . . . I just want someone to look natural for once! LOL
Anyhow, here are a few photos to share . . . nothing earth-shattering, though I loved the natural light coming into the middle one - it's still just a tad dark, but hey, it was 6:30 in the evening. I've got a blue challenge that I need to find today . . . I have lots of older photos of BLUE but I want to find something new besides the sky! LOL





2 comments:

MAM said...

I also really like the middle one; great use of rule of thirds :)

muirwoodsue said...

I took Barbara's class and LOVED it. I'm so glad you are enjoying it. So much to learn but she is an awesome instructor. I love you middle photo too - the placement is visually appealing.
Have fun!
Sue from BPS