Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Long busy weekend . . .

This past weekend was a long one for the kids (and hubby too). L was out of school on Friday AND Monday, and instead of getting to take him to the zoo, I had to take his sister to the doctor - diagnoses was strep . . . so no fun for her until Sunday. We got her on meds and the boys and hubby went to Gainesville. On Sunday, we headed down to Washington Oaks State Park. It was a blast, and I got to work on my photography too. I played a bit with composition and lighting and then messed with the shutter speed and apeture too . . . there were several favorite shots so I'm only going to share a few of those.







The rocks weren't exposed today as the tide was coming in, and the waves were certainly rougher than I've seen. They were coming in quick and hard right where all the coquina rocks are. Ed and M had a blast trying to jump the waves or at least run from them without getting wet (it didn't work too well sometimes) . . . the sun was setting which made for some fun shadow pics, and the kids - especially K and L had lots of fun finding the perfect rocks to skip onto the water at the intracoastal.

Anyhow, then yesterday Ed and I had to head to Debary to look at some granite . . . we ended up changing our minds to a different type of stone, and I'm sure it'll kick the price up higher too, but oh well . . . then we came home, picked up L and headed to go bed shopping. I'm so tired of trying to crowd two little boys into our bed to play tickle monster that we're caving and getting a king! Yowzers! My master bedroom is shrinking on me . . . first scrap stuff, now a king size bed.

Anyhow, I've got to run! Maybe one of these days I'll get around to scrappin' again. I think I'm kind of enjoying taking a break after my January craziness.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

where is this park? Okay, so scrapping break is OVA...more layouts please... ;)