Thursday, January 17, 2008

Some random thoughts . . .

I've decided that I'll at least interview for the Pre K teacher position at the preschool my son has been attending this year. My heart remains in wanting to improve my photography to where that can eventually become full time, along with possibly going into real estate when the market picks back up.

Speech is going well for my youngest, especially . . . but both are making huge improvements.

I had to take my Kdg early again (every Thursday) because he's part of the TBE mail team . . . he's been promoted to "assistant mail carrier!" lol I'd need to go grab a photo of the group for the TBE scrapbooks that I work on for PFA.

I'm going in to volunteer in my Kdg. classroom just like every other Thursday out there for their Great Leaps Reading Program.

I recieved an email last night from a favorite person to which she's asking me to do some things. I have to keep it hush-hush until it's announced but I so can not wait to tell all of you!

I entered one of my layouts in a contest over at The Scrappy Gourmet . . . maybe today or tomorrow will lead to another one. I'm really enjoying the Scenic Route lines. It's so much fun and so easy to pull something together for my kids with this line. It's not too "grown up" and not too "baby" either! I so wish I could find a way to get Scenic Route product for FREE! LOL

I'm still plugging along with the "Get a LOAD of this" Challenge over at Big Picture Scrapbooking. I've completed up to Day 16 and I'll be working on today's (Day 17) later!

Lain E. over at ScrapHappy is leading the LOAD challenge. She has a great blog . . . you should defnitely check it out. She also does Podcasts and interviews people from the scrappin' world. Yesterday was one with an interview from Linda Woods, author of the book Journal Revolution. If you listen to the interview, there's some details on what you can do to win your free copy! I've entered! After all, it's BPS's Reading Room (their online book club) book for February.



So, without further adieu (since I have to go take my youngest to school very soon), here is the layout from Day 15. Yes, I know this first one is nothing special . . . The point is "I SCRAPBOOKED!!"
This is actually the facing page of a trip to Theatre of the Sea in Islamorada, FL. I got to swim with the dolphins (they're on the facing page) . . . short, sweet and simple and the point of this layout was to finish it. This trip was from 1997, but I didn't start scrapping until 2000 and these have been "in the box" and I wanted them displayed. I LOVED Key West. This page matches all the papers and accessories that I've used throughout the whole album and I still may go add a few things - later - if I decide to. For now, I'm calling it good. My mind had been on the one I'll post next in all honesty, but I had to still print out a picture and by the time I got to scrapbook the night I did this layout, DH was already asleep and he would have been quite upset to awake to a printer . . .
Those of you who come and visit, please don't be shy. Feel free to leave a comment on the link below. You do have to be a blogger member, but it's great . . . so don't hesitate about joining up and maybe starting your own blog!

No comments: