Monday, January 07, 2008

A scrappy good time!

A discussion on a scrappin' group I'm a part of centered around how many layouts we accomplished in 2007 and what our goals are for the 2008 year . . . I never did do very well at keeping track of all my layouts/cards/etc during the year, but it didn't take long to figure it all out! LOL Sad, but true . . . I didn't scrap nearly as much as DD thought I did and I can't wait to show her the numbers tomorrow.





In 2007, I accomplished:



  • 56 layouts (or 74 pages)
  • 76 cards (some for swaps)
  • 3 altered items

I'm amazed I accomplished that much to be quite honest. It feels that every layout I do takes FOREVER and a day due to interruptions or getting sidetracked. I'm doing my best to do better.


For 2008, I'm sitting at:
  • 9 layouts (11 pages)
  • 0 cards
  • 1 altered word book in progress
This layout I did today for the LOAD challenge at Big Picture Scrapbooking only took me about 20 minutes once I decided on the photo to use! It's actually a picture that DD's birth dad gave me one Christmas back when she was 5 (in the picture she was 4 1/2). Currently my parents have MOST of the pictures from when she was this age and earlier, so I don't get to scrap them as much as I'd like. My mom hates going through the piles of photos that she has, and she won't let me near them since there are "personal" ones from her first marriage, etc in there too. So I really enjoyed getting to do this one. I have loved the Dutch Girl line from Cosmo Cricket since I started seeing it in the galleries but I was on a no-buy then. So imagine my surprise when I went to my LSS the other day and really browsed around and found a little stash of paper and even the cigar box of chipboard alphas and shapes. I was SO HAPPY!! Anyhow, like I said . . . 20 minutes - nice and simple. Enjoy!



No comments: