Christmas was nice inside . . . although it was yucky and gloomy outside. Matthew's favorite thing was a skateboard and an Eyeclops, Lance got his "shark boat" and a Deisel 10 train that moves like a real engine, and Kristen got her Flat Iron. Of course, she didn't really get anything other than her plane ticket to Katie's from us, but her Aunt and Uncle bought her some nice outifts from Limited Too, and Nana and Papa bought her PJs from JCrew and a Dolphin painting from Nellie at MarineLand. Very cool stuff!
The boys also got an indoor basketball game, although ALL of the adults seem to play more with that then the kids!
Some of the other things we did this holiday break included:
- going to the First Coast Winter Lights in Green Cove Springs
- making chocolate brittle (a new one for us) and sugar cookies - just LOVE the premade sugar cookie dough that you can just roll out. Note to self: buy new cookie cutters for next year.
- Went to the mall to sit on Santa's lap
- Took Kristen to the airport (and picked her back up on New Year's Eve)
- Took the boys to Washington Oaks State Park - simply beautiful gardens, playground, hiking trail, and as you can see below, beach! We picked a great day to go and picnic!
- Took the boys bowling
- Helped the boys rake leaves, and then play in them
- Took the boys to our local park