Friday, January 04, 2008

LOAD #4 and a few musings

I didn't have a lot of time to create today. My 4 yo decided to wake up at 5 AM and by the time the rest of the house woke up, I was exhausted. I was not a happy camper most of the day. DD was going to have a sleepover tonight and cleaning NEEDED to be done, along with trying to survive the day with my 4 yo already tired by 9 am (and me too)! Needless to say, the 4 yo fell asleep at 6 pm.

Anyhow, this morning, while it was only my youngest awake, I took the time to finish up some layouts (and we're talking layouts that have been in my "work in progress" binder for probably YEARS) . . . luckily since I finished it today, it still counts as doing a layout today! (does this sound a lot like yesterday?) By the time I sat down tonight and tried to come up with some creative thoughts, they just weren't there. I feel brain-dead.

Here's a list of the photos I have pulled to scrapbook at some point soon:

  • My youngest at 1 - several great shots of him on his first birthday - not the party, but the actual day . . .
  • My middle child's first soccer year (which covers two seasons) - obviously a 2 pager, if not more, coming here. I may do one 2 pager for each season . . . still thinking.
  • A trip to Sea World that I took my middle child on . . . DD was out of town, and the youngest wasn't quite at the age where I was going to do "both kids" at a theme park by myself . . . it was for Spooktacular with a playgroup I used to belong to.


I've been brewing thoughts in my head about a few of these layouts, while they aren't necessarily something I have pictures pulled yet:

  • a layout about my nana's house before she moved to Land O' Lakes
  • SMILE . . . I'd love to find a photo of DD smiling here when she was younger
  • "not another picture" . . . completely got this idea from Lisa at the SY . . . my DD does the EXACT same thing and avoids the camera like the plague now. Poor kids.
  • sweet beginnings - totally lifting the idea from Mary . . .
  • A Year In Review layout for a challenge in one of my scrappin' groups

I want to use some "new to me" Scenic Route (Asheville) and Cosmo Cricket (Dutch Girl) that I just picked up . . . I also picked up some of the new BoBunny but it was in a kit. I'm planning on surprising DH with that one of these days - maybe not for Valentine's, but our anniversary isn't far away either. Also, another challenge list I'm on is forcing me to use glitter paper, metallic paper, and vellum this month, so I'm going to try and fit those in along the lines somewhere. You know what I'm really wanting I think for the 1 yo layout - hmmm, some BRIGHT and bold boy stuff - not the pastels and not the primaries . . . but those citrus-y looking colors . . . hmmm.


Anyhow, today's LOAD (#4)

No comments: