|You are Ocean Blue|
You're both warm and practical. You're very driven, but you're also very well rounded.
You tend to see both sides to every issue, and people consider you a natural diplomat.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
Friday, January 25, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
On the note of my Big Bite, I finally got notice that it was shipping, but no update has been done since the billing was received on the 22nd . . . so, I don't know what that means other than it's "close." lol
I'm still trying to figure out which pictures I want to work on tonight. I have several ideas running through my head, but I am SO TIRED (remember those three days in a row of getting up at 6:30) . . . sometimes I don't think there's enough coffee in the world! I took a short cat nap and fixed a cup of coffee (I'm so cold, too) and now I'm dealing with dinner and some crazy boys trying to bounce balls in my house . . . hopefully when I sit down to scrap, something will pop out at me so I don't have to stress over a decision! :)
Talk to everyone soon!
. . . . . .
. . . . . . . . ..
. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Yep, that's right . . . it's the Big Bite of a case! LOL Yep, my case arrived here two days ago - that wasn't supposed to leave HSN until LATE January . . . of course, the actual tool is still NOT HERE . . . HSN really messed up this time! It's annoying to me that I know at LEAST 20 people who already have their tool - some which ordered after me - and mine was supposedly shipped out today . . . though it says only billing information has been received and they're manifesting pickup. HUH??? Yes, I'm annoyed with them right now. My case does me NO GOOD without having the tool to put it in.
Thanks for listening to my little vent this morning . . . I'm off to go help out in the classroom!!
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
What led to this you may ask?? I got on a scale for something the other day though - I try to avoid the scale - and realized that I had gained over 10 pounds in the last few months. So, it's time to get serious. I did 50 sit-ups today, and while I didn't walk outside of the house, the cleaning that I accomplished sure felt like I walked some miles. Tomorrow before the grocery, I'm aiming for the Y . . . I NEED to be back on an elliptical. I actually miss it. Isn't that funny??
I was sad today to learn that Heath Ledger died today. While I never saw Brokeback Mountain, I did enjoy his acting both in First Knight (remember, I have a 13 yo) and in The Patriot. I hear he's fantastic in the new Batman movie that is still in post-production too. Academy Award nominations also came out today as well. Viggo Mortinson and Johnny Depp were among the Best Actor nominees. I wasn't too familiar with the titles though . . . except of course, Ratatoille (there were only 3 Animated Film nomiations, btw). I am going to have to do some research and see some of these before awards night! Anyone local up for a movie night sometime soon??
Monday, January 21, 2008
In other news . . . today was MLK day so the kids were out of school. What is it with teenagers and attitudes?? My youngest woke up this morning at 2:30 am and did not fall back asleep until after 5:30. Why is it that kids can't stay on their same sleep schedule?? I didn't do anything different . . . I didn't make him go to bed at 7:30 and he should not have woken up that early . . . but he did, and he went to the playroom and I kept waking up to Spongebob on the TV - every 30 minutes or so as an episode ended and you'd hear the din, dih-din, dah-din . . . you know that cheesy music as the credits role?? ugh . . . He then proceeded to wake up by 9 am again!!
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Any thoughts??? I obviously have something I need to work on since it's not catching anyone's attention . . . :(
Speech is going well for my youngest, especially . . . but both are making huge improvements.
I had to take my Kdg early again (every Thursday) because he's part of the TBE mail team . . . he's been promoted to "assistant mail carrier!" lol I'd need to go grab a photo of the group for the TBE scrapbooks that I work on for PFA.
Monday, January 14, 2008
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
Tuesday, January 08, 2008
1. Name your 2 favourite scrapbooking topics. kids and trips
2. What are the 2 best places you've been to? Key West and Charleston, SC
3. Name 2 things you do every day. Email some friends and play with my kids.
4. Tell us 2 things that pretty much everyone knows about you. I love scrappin' (duh) and I'm a native Floridian
5. Tell us 2 things that everyone DOESN'T know about you. I'm a packrat and I like to bake Snickerdoodles.
6. Tell us 2 things that got you into the hobby of scrapping? I needed some "escape time" and I wanted to have my photos out of boxes.
7. Tell us 2 things that you want to accomplish in the next six months. I want to take a photography class online with Alison Tyler Jones and I want to declutter my house
I'm tagging Lisa and Jeanne next. Remember, answer these seven (7) and then add your own question with "two of something" and then tag two more! This way the list grows as it's being passed along! I can't wait to read your answers!
Monday, January 07, 2008
In 2007, I accomplished:
- 56 layouts (or 74 pages)
- 76 cards (some for swaps)
- 3 altered items
I'm amazed I accomplished that much to be quite honest. It feels that every layout I do takes FOREVER and a day due to interruptions or getting sidetracked. I'm doing my best to do better.
For 2008, I'm sitting at:
- 9 layouts (11 pages)
- 0 cards
- 1 altered word book in progress
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Friday, January 04, 2008
Anyhow, this morning, while it was only my youngest awake, I took the time to finish up some layouts (and we're talking layouts that have been in my "work in progress" binder for probably YEARS) . . . luckily since I finished it today, it still counts as doing a layout today! (does this sound a lot like yesterday?) By the time I sat down tonight and tried to come up with some creative thoughts, they just weren't there. I feel brain-dead.
Here's a list of the photos I have pulled to scrapbook at some point soon:
- My youngest at 1 - several great shots of him on his first birthday - not the party, but the actual day . . .
- My middle child's first soccer year (which covers two seasons) - obviously a 2 pager, if not more, coming here. I may do one 2 pager for each season . . . still thinking.
- A trip to Sea World that I took my middle child on . . . DD was out of town, and the youngest wasn't quite at the age where I was going to do "both kids" at a theme park by myself . . . it was for Spooktacular with a playgroup I used to belong to.
I've been brewing thoughts in my head about a few of these layouts, while they aren't necessarily something I have pictures pulled yet:
- a layout about my nana's house before she moved to Land O' Lakes
- SMILE . . . I'd love to find a photo of DD smiling here when she was younger
- "not another picture" . . . completely got this idea from Lisa at the SY . . . my DD does the EXACT same thing and avoids the camera like the plague now. Poor kids.
- sweet beginnings - totally lifting the idea from Mary . . .
- A Year In Review layout for a challenge in one of my scrappin' groups
I want to use some "new to me" Scenic Route (Asheville) and Cosmo Cricket (Dutch Girl) that I just picked up . . . I also picked up some of the new BoBunny but it was in a kit. I'm planning on surprising DH with that one of these days - maybe not for Valentine's, but our anniversary isn't far away either. Also, another challenge list I'm on is forcing me to use glitter paper, metallic paper, and vellum this month, so I'm going to try and fit those in along the lines somewhere. You know what I'm really wanting I think for the 1 yo layout - hmmm, some BRIGHT and bold boy stuff - not the pastels and not the primaries . . . but those citrus-y looking colors . . . hmmm.
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
I've still got to do today's layout, but I've had a few things brewing in my head. Between fighting this head cold I got a day or two after Christmas and being the only adult in a house full of children again, my time back in my room has been small. When it gets finished, I'll share it as well!
Christmas was nice inside . . . although it was yucky and gloomy outside. Matthew's favorite thing was a skateboard and an Eyeclops, Lance got his "shark boat" and a Deisel 10 train that moves like a real engine, and Kristen got her Flat Iron. Of course, she didn't really get anything other than her plane ticket to Katie's from us, but her Aunt and Uncle bought her some nice outifts from Limited Too, and Nana and Papa bought her PJs from JCrew and a Dolphin painting from Nellie at MarineLand. Very cool stuff!
The boys also got an indoor basketball game, although ALL of the adults seem to play more with that then the kids!
Some of the other things we did this holiday break included:
- going to the First Coast Winter Lights in Green Cove Springs
- making chocolate brittle (a new one for us) and sugar cookies - just LOVE the premade sugar cookie dough that you can just roll out. Note to self: buy new cookie cutters for next year.
- Went to the mall to sit on Santa's lap
- Took Kristen to the airport (and picked her back up on New Year's Eve)
- Took the boys to Washington Oaks State Park - simply beautiful gardens, playground, hiking trail, and as you can see below, beach! We picked a great day to go and picnic!
- Took the boys bowling
- Helped the boys rake leaves, and then play in them
- Took the boys to our local park