Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
Thursday, October 04, 2007
"I am in the process of cutting my scraps up (you know all those leftovers that we never use again?) into photo mats, card fronts, squares and 12" strips. I have them broken down like this...
1" to 6" Strips that are 12" long (in half inch increments)
12" strips smaller than 1"
Strip leftovers (not 12" long)
1" to 6" squares (in 1/4" increments)
2x3 to 7x9 photo mats (in 1/4" increments)
3.5x5 photo mats
4.25x5.5 card fronts
1x3 to 1x6 strips
Punchable Pieces (these are left for my kids to punch things out of whenever they feel like it. They get paid a penny a punch so they are pretty good about keeping this container empty! LOL!)
Isn't that organized?? She keeps them in seperate drawers, not by color. Currently I store them by color in their "family" but seriously, to have them all cut into us
On another note, my Kindergartener has been chosen to be on the TBE "Mail Team" for the 2nd quarter. He has to report to duty the week of October 16th! (I wonder if they have uniforms that I need to get him in a picture to add to his album??) I've also been working with the PFA President to get our school's "archives" and scrapbooks in order. They fell by the wayside during the 2004-05 and 2005-06 school years, last year's is done, and then keep this year's current! I've been trying to track down parents and former teachers that may have been there in order to find photos and getting working relationships going with the faculty that will be putting together the yearbook this year and also with the person who will be taking a lot of press photos for PFA as well. That's been quite time-consuming, but if I can get all three of these albums done, and let go of my perfectionism, than I'll be doing super! I may enjoy it so much I might not let it go for the next eight years! LOL
My 7th grader is a month away from turning 13 . . . :( She's growing up WAY too fast. I'm planning her party right now too . . . what in the world do you do for a 13 yo??? By the time I turned 13, it seems like the parties were pretty much over . . . just sleepovers and pool (but we don't have a pool at the house for her). If you have any ideas, feel free to pass them along! I'm so needing the help right now! She's decided to join the Drama Club - meeting Fridays from 8:30-9:15 . . . thank goodness for carpooling! I only have to go out there once every other week . . .
More soon! I promise!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
What special days did I celebrate and how?
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
What were this month's disappointments?
What were my accomplishments this month?
Anything else noteworthy to record?
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Here's my fav photo of Matthew riding his new bike!
This one was based on a sketch from class . . . assignment was to find a 4x6 photo that we loved and explain why. I LOVED getting to finally use some good ol' stash that screams happy boy to me (SEI-Sporty)! This is my youngest at the local elementary school while we're waiting for his siblings . . .
Here's another project I did.
It's a photo holder card and is very simple to make. Instead of a typical 5.5x8.5 piece of cardstock scored at 4.25 for a standard card, it's longer - closer to 5.5x11, and it's scored at 4.25 and 8.5. The extra 2.5 inches is folded up, layered with paper and has a circle punch (1.5") taken to the center. This one is going to DH's Grandma in NJ! I used CTMH stamps and papers on it and the coluzzle to make the circle!
Monday, August 13, 2007
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Sunday, July 22, 2007
We have many new programs starting for consultants, including online training courses, a new album retreat for customers, and a new hostess program!!! Let me tell you ALL, you'll want to find a way to host a gathering with the new catalog!!
And the best news!!!! Convention 2008 is next in ORLANDO, FL!! (Hooray, no flight arrangements - the 6:30 flight and 4 am wake up call was NO FUN this morning!!) I'll be sharing some art tomorrow when I can get to my scanner!! :)
Monday, July 16, 2007
Products Used: KI Memories patterned papers, CTMH cardstock, prima flowers, misc button and thread.
Card open (this one uses Taffy as well).
Sunday, July 15, 2007
- Circle album sample using Summer Celebration colors
- layout for Leadership contest
- gather supplies for Leadership
- work on swaps for Leadership
- play with a few crafting ideas brewing in my head . . . a few with really cool color combinations!
- Photography challenge posted earlier this month - have to at LEAST get started! I'm looking forward to seeing what all of you create as well!! Be sure to share with a link when you've done some! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
This layout was actually done in a layout swap. A friend, Kim, created the layout, and I just had to add the photo and the journaling. Needless to say, SHE knows my love of BG, and I love the photo I finally found in my working albums to go with this layout. Believe it or not, even though it's Christmas papers and photo, it's going in our "All About Us - Together Forever" section of our Library of Memories! How's that for using my library to it's capacity?? Stacy J. would be proud! LOL
Monday, July 09, 2007
Congrats, Cami! You SO deserve this honor!
Products Used: More to Adore Paper Pack, Cocoa Ribbon Round (floral grosgrain ribbon), Blush Cardstock, Cricut used to cut out flower, and two circle chipboard pieces (also CTMH), and Chocolate Ink. Stamp set used was B1123 Spunky Greetings.
Sunday, July 08, 2007
Friday, July 06, 2007
Monday, July 02, 2007
Here's the list:
- fence or gate
- something on a car
- a reflection
- something red
- something sports related
- ray of sun
- something spiral
Thursday, June 28, 2007
- I knew when I first met my husband that he and I were destined to be together - life's been grand since . . . we dated for five years and have now been married for seven.
- I've lived pretty much in the same town I was born in (a native Floridian mind you) my entire life (over 30 years now).
- I worked at a skating rink when I was younger and met a famous NASCAR driver there (remember this was in the 90's now, so many of you may have never heard of him at this point). Funny, I can't even remember his name now, but I do have a picture with him and I together. He was on a date with a "regular" at the rink!
- I've never been published. Part of that reason is probably because I've never submitted anything, part of me can't decide if I really want to be "judged" in that way. That's not the reason I got into scrapbooking, so I don't know if I want to go down that path yet.
- I am always being asked if my two youngest are twins . . . they are 13 months apart and there are definite differences between them as far as height, size, looks, and even maturity. I'm beyond why anyone would really think that they're twins - but then, I've lived with both of them together for almost four years.
- My first car wasn't a car . . . it was a truck - a black Ford Ranger with leather seats that was five years old . . . my first NEW car was a Honda Accord in 1997.
- I love the ocean and all it's creatures. The ocean was my first "love" as I grew up here along the coast, going to Sea World at least once a summer, and having this desire to train dolphins! LOL I've swam with dolphins, and with sharks . . . I've learned how to surf . . . I love cruises, and I love just sitting on the sand . . . My career path was leading me to Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute until fate got in the way, but I wouldn't change the way things ended up for anything. At least I'm still near the ocean . . . it truly is the best of both worlds.
Okay, that wasn't so bad . . .
EDIT: Well . . . bummer . . . I was just informed that BonnieRose has also already done this, so I'm down to five out of seven :-) ~April